The following terms and conditions apply to all orders via our online shop.
Our online shop is aimed exclusively at consumers.
A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly neither commercial nor their independent professional activity. An entrepreneur is a natural or legal person or a legal partnership who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of their commercial or independent professional activity.
Contractual Partner, the Conclusion of the Contract
The purchase contract is concluded with Rani Michels (Yamira8692)
By placing the products in the online shop, we are submitting a binding offer to conclude a contract for these items. You can initially place our products in the shopping cart without obligation and correct your entries at any time before submitting your binding order by using the correction aids provided and explained in the order process. The contract is concluded when you accept the offer for the goods in the shopping cart by clicking the order button. Immediately after submitting the order, you will receive another confirmation by email.
A binding contract can also be concluded beforehand as follows:
- If you have chosen to pay by credit card, the contract is concluded when the credit card is charged
- If you have chosen the PayPal payment method, the contract is concluded when you confirm the payment order to PayPal.
The language available for the conclusion of the contract is German.
The contract text is not stored by us.
Terms of delivery
In addition to the stated product prices, there are also shipping costs. You can find out more about the shipping costs in the offers.
We only deliver by post. Pick-up of the goods is only possible for residents from the south of East Belgium. Otherwise, it is unfortunately not possible to collect the goods yourself.
Please note that individual products may not be in stock. In this case, we will inform you and refund you the money you paid for it.
In our shop you can use the following payment methods available:
- Payment in advance: If you choose the payment method in advance, we will give you our bank details in a separate email and deliver the goods after receipt of payment.
- Credit Card: When you submit your order, you provide your credit card details. After your legitimation as the rightful cardholder, the payment transaction is carried out automatically and your card is charged.
- PayPal: In the ordering process you will be redirected to the website of the online provider PayPal. In order to be able to pay the invoice amount via PayPal, you must be registered there or first register, legitimize with your access data, and confirm the payment instruction to us. After placing the order in the shop, we ask PayPal to initiate the payment transaction. The payment transaction is carried out automatically by PayPal immediately afterward. You’ll get more information during the ordering process.
(In planning: Sofort by Klarna: After submitting the order you will be forwarded to the website of the online provider Sofort GmbH. In order to be able to pay the invoice amount via Sofort, you must have a bank account that has been activated for online banking, identify yourself accordingly, and confirm payment instructions to us. You will receive further information during the ordering process. The payment transaction will be carried out immediately afterward by Sofort and your account will be charged.)
If goods are delivered with obvious transport damage, please complain about such errors to the deliverer as soon as possible and please contact us immediately. Failure to make a complaint or contact us has no consequences for your legal claims and their enforcement, in particular your warranty rights. However, you will help us to assert our own claims against the carrier or transport insurance.
Warranties and Guarantees
Unless otherwise expressly agreed below, the statutory right to liability for defects applies.
The limitation period for warranty claims for used items is one year from delivery of the goods.
The above restrictions and shortened deadlines do not apply to claims based on damage caused by us, our legal representatives, or vicarious agents.
- in the event of injury to life, limb or health
- in the event of willful or grossly negligent breach of duty as well as malice
- in the event of a breach of essential contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on whose compliance the contractual partner can regularly rely (cardinal obligations)
- in As part of a guarantee promise, if agreed or
- if the scope of the Product Liability Act is open.
Information on any additional guarantees that may apply and their exact conditions can be found next to the product and on special information pages in the shop.
Customer service: You can reach us at:
Büchelstrasse 10, 4780 St. Vith, Belgium,
+32 479 03 00 41
We are a sustainable company and reserve the right to permanently exclude customers who order a large number of items of clothing and return almost all of them from our business or to charge fees for processing the returns. However, this only takes place after we have informed the relevant customer and after repeated requests and information on purchasing behavior.
We are always unrestrictedly liable for claims due to damage caused by us, our legal representatives, or vicarious agents
- in the event of injury to life, limb, or health
- in the event of a willful or grossly negligent breach of duty
- in the case of guarantee promises, if agreed, or
- insofar as the scope of the Product Liability Act is open.
In the event of a breach of essential contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on whose compliance the contractual partner may regularly rely (cardinal obligations) due to slight negligence on the part of us, our legal representatives or vicarious agents, the amount of liability is for the damage foreseeable at the time the contract was concluded limited, the occurrence of which must typically be expected.
Otherwise, claims for damages are excluded.
Online Dispute Resolution
Online dispute resolution in accordance with Art. 14 Paragraph 1 ODR-VO: The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which you can find at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.